Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Linen Chair Love

I've been wanting to make some linen chairs for a while now and was just waiting for the perfect set to come along. I found a darling pair of chairs that were solid, well-made and priced right. Here's how they turned out:




Good Ole Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White, distressed and clear waxed:


I chose to gather the cushion and it took FOREVER!  Not sure I'm ever going to do that again, but it is pretty:


A pretty curve, that might have seemed too much unless a neutral fabric was chosen:


Before and After:



I love how these turned out.  Since it is real linen, I did Scotch Guard them and I'm not sure I'd let them be in a family room with MY kids!!

Here's some Internet Linen love:


Carrier and Company








Wisteria

House Beautiful


Linen: So lovely, textured and timeless. I especially love how it looks with the dark woods.


As an added post, here are another set of French Script chairs I redid.
Before:

(and, yes, that is PLASTIC on the cushion! ewww, it was sticky too!)

And the After:




Spring has hit early here in the Chicago area and all I can think is "Garage Sale season is almost here!" Yipppeee!














3 comments:

  1. Beautiful chairs, Erin. I love the gathered cushions and the french script fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic and the gathering makes them even more special! Wish I lived nearby. I'd love to learn even simple upholstering but am fearful of trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article.
    ស្លតកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails