Friday, February 24, 2012

From Shabby to Chic!

I've been busy getting a few more furniture makeovers done and getting my storeroom cleared out (well at least for a few months until garage sale season starts!)  First up are a pair of chairs I re-upholstered and repainted.  I just have to put the "after" pictures first because the "befores" are truly that hideous. Here's how they look now:


Isn't that fabric lovely?  I've seen so many of the script fabrics around, but man, are they pricey.  When I found this fabric for only $7.50/yd, I grabbed 6 yards of it quick!  It's actually a great mid-weight and I used scotch guard to further keep it nice.  The french script is a very dark brown and there are "postmarks" in a lovely blue color.  I trimmed it in a linen color gimp.


Once again, I used ASCP in Pure White to hide the hideous gold frame.  I distressed and waxed it to a beautiful patina.

 Here are two shots of the filty, ugly before:



Yup, that was bad. Horrible fabric and colors, but great shape and sturdy.
 This is much better:


Ahhh. It's going to be hard to part with these beauties.

Now if you're a fan of the 80's orange oak, now would be a good time to avert your eyes.  The next two tables were solid and had great shapes, but the finish was just too dated. Somewhere on my lovely, unorganized hard drive are the before shots of these tables.  But do you think I can find them? Noooo! Argh. Here they are after and looking much fresher:


Isn't that pedestal lovely?  It felt so heavy and thick before.  With the paint, it feels so much lighter, yet shows off it's classic shape.

Once again, I used the amazing Graphics Fairy for a vintage French label.

And lastly, another tired oak table was lightened into this beauty:

I did a little heavier sanding and distressing on this one for more character.


Can I just tell you how much fun furniture re-finishing is since discovering Annie Sloan Chalk Paint?  If you haven't tried it yet, you MUST!

I have a beautiful duck-egg blue table partially done and a cute china cabinet finished, just waiting for me to take pictures of it.  Stay tuned for pictures...



This week's Link-Ups:





11 comments:

  1. Those are soooo pretty and refreshing looking! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs are gorgeous. They are right up my alley they would look great in my home that is how I decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog! Hugs, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any idea what the name of that fabric is or where one might find it? Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am OBSESSED with that fabric please, Please, PLEASE! Find the name of it so I can stalk it and cover everything I own in it! HAHA They look great! I love the classic chic-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those chairs are just amazing and you have done an incredible thing bringing them back to life like that!!
    I am still trying to figure out how your beautiful blog has escaped my attention for so long. I have a lot of catching up to do here :)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica- the fabric is by Premier Prints called "Penmanship" and I found it at fabricguru.com. Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These chairs are fabulous! Thanks for posting the fabric link. I just purchased some for a couch slipcover. Hope it comes out as nice your chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chairs are gorgeous, you've done a lovely job! I've got this linked to my chairs post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails