Monday, November 8, 2010

Asian Chair Makeover

Look at my latest reupholstery project!






Aren't they fun?! 

I found this lovely suzani-style fabric from Waverly and fell in love! This fabric would make such awesome curtains. Hmm.....



I found these lovely asian chairs at a garage sale about a month ago.  The gentleman said they came out of a mulit-million dollar condo downtown (chicago.)  They had a bit of chipping to the finish and I wasn't too fond of the finish anyway. 

This is what they looked like BEFORE:

There were a few spots of missing finish and the red and black combo was just a bit too stereotypical asian for my taste. I repainted them gray and then ripped off a million staples to recover them with the new fabric and gimp.  I'm thrilled with how they turned out and we'll see what I can sell them for on craigslist...(hey, I need to finance my many other proposed decorting projects!)

UPDATE: I sold them within a week for the full price I was asking! Woohoo.

After:




Our basement is almost to a stage where I can show off how it's looking!  The bathroom is essentially done and them two bedrooms basically just need carpet.  Once the hall and rec room trim and moulding are done, the fun of decorating begins!  Over the last few months, I've been getting accessories ready and have a few projects to share soon.  I'll be SO happy to be done with all the dust!  Yippeee!

This Week I'm Linking to:

Tuesday Treasures
Tea Rose Home
Savy Southern Style
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
Frugalicious Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Frugal Friday
Style Feature Saturday
Show and Tell Saturday







23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous chairs! I love what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD! To say I love these chairs would be the understatement of the century! They are so fabulous, the lines, the fabric the color. These are awesome, don't sell your self short on the pricing. One of a kind, unique and amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super makeover. I love the doors in your header. They look like doors in Italy like I took pictures of and framed. Would love you to join my before and after party that runs on Wednesdays with the link up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun chair...I love the colors and the shape!

    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up this wonderful transformation. I am glad others will get to see the work you have done. Could you please add my link. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim sent me over!
    What FABULOUS chairs - I liked the before, but the after is magnificent. I'd be proud to own them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are awesome!! You did a fantastic job. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm visiting with TRH, hope you visit me too!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow~ what a makeover!! Stopping by from Kim's party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erin-

    What a find to get a pair of great looking chairs. Love the grey - modern and chic.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fantastic! The shape of the chairs is amazing and now with the new finish and fabric, you really see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't normally pick asian style, but you made those chairs look lovely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Erin, the chairs turned out so pretty! I wish I could run in to a garage sale like that, you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are INSANE!
    what a score
    and you totally did them justice with the new fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your chairs turned out, Erin! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. Really lovely. I LOVE the fabric and I think grey was the perfect choice. Thanks so much for sharing on SFS! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new follower. I saw your chairs on Shaunna's blog. Your chairs are stunning and your fabric is gorgeous. What a beautiful transformation. I can see why you sold those so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Biomedical Engineering

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. canada online marijuana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its amazing to see someone put so much passion into a subject. I’m glad I came across this. I’m glad I took the time to read on past the first paragraph. You’ve got so much to say, so much to offer. Ticket Classified Ads

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good plus gratifying publish. Fantastic difficulties you have generally delivered to be able to all of us. Relation. Only continue making this kind of write-up. which games

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Experince To Read New Things On This Blog Keep Up Guys !
    Safe to smoke
    Powerful 400 Puffs Per Device

    NO Tobacco -

    Pop Pods
    By Smoke Arsenal-pre-filled flavors

    like grape, watermelon, banana and many more & Wholesale Enquiry
    Pop Vapor in canada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails